Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Prayer

Spirit,
You know what's on my mind. You know what makes me cry. You know my future and how it's all going to turn out.
I trust you.
I don't want to twist the arm of the universe to do what I want. I am not in control. I am so small.
Begging won't help and there is nothing I can tell you that you don't already know. This isn't like a toy store where if I beg long and hard and obnoxiously enough, you'll cave and give me what I want. That isn't how this works and I don't want it to.
This morning I am reminded, "The opposite of faith is not doubt. The opposite of faith is worry."
Please give me peace. Help me see that it's all going to work out, because it will, like it always does.
I trust you. I trust that you have a plan. I trust that everything is going to be okay. I refuse to spend my days crying and complaining. That isn't going to solve anything.
I have final exams to take, which won't kill me. My book deadline is in 6 days and it's going to be okay. Surrounding myself with great people may be the best thing I can do.
I am okay. Things will be sorted out soon and if they aren't, I'm just going to keep living and breathing and showing up, because that's all I can do.
Spirit, I'm not seeking answers, a blueprint, or a game plan; I'm praying for peace.
Get me through.

2 comments:

Carley Brown said...

Life goes on... No matter what. There is always some peace in that. Cause it doesn't matter what happens, life will still go on.

Anonymous said...

Spirit, God, Jesus, Guide, Friend, Love, Joy, Comfort. You are, and You continue. i thank you for the gifts you give. i ask You to teach us of living a better life, how to love You and others, of peace and direction. show us ways to give glory back to You. get us through to learn more of who You are to us.