Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Gush

Feeling the need to write, I am going to go ahead and gush, uncontrollably for the next five minutes and see what comes. I'm not even going to go back and correct all my grammar.

Ok. Go.

Toady was not my favorite day ever. But thinking abuot what would be my favorite day ever, I have nod idea. I'll think on that later. Note to self.

The morning was pretty good. Had pineapple for breakfast. A lot of pineapple. Maybe too much pineapple. Though most everything I eat seems to make me feel slightly sick since I landed back in the states. Still working on the dang hitch hikers in my intestines. Ughhh.

Had test in Philosophy of Education. Did well. I hope.

Next class, thoroughly enjoyed Grammar and Linguistics. When I was totally convinced last semester I could drop out of schooll and still save the world, tihs class brought me back to reality. Turns out, duh, I still have so much to learn. So much. I really, really could have helped my kids had I taken this class. When they'd ask, "Ms. Bo, why _____________?" I wouldn't have a rule or good answer, "Umm, it just sounds right, ya know?"

Now I knew most answers, but I really could've helped more with this one.

Found out today that possibly one of the most conservitive girls I thought I knew had an abortion. Hmmm, reminds me of Plato's quote, "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

I like dating Jeremy. He is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I know, I know I won't get mushy and annoying. I'm just writing what comes to mind.

This morning was good. Had a good time at lunch with friends. Broke my plastic fork while eating salad. Salad went everywhere, including down my shirt. Later, I found a stray pea. Sometimes I am funny, sometimes I am horribly un-funny. Hmmm.

This afternoon I arranged an appointment with a particular teacher, who we'll call L.J. Sclerosis. Dr. Sclerosis has been my teacher for 4 weeks and just might drive me crazy.

He is not the best communicator, doesn't explain himself well, has high expectations, and offers very little help. Basically he made me feel like an iddiot. So, I cried. He didn't seem to notice, but said, "Why are you crying?" Thus making me feel like more of an iddiot. Thanks. He might just be a grea, great example of the kind tof teacher I don't want to be. Ever.

Poverty in Lincoln. Worth researching.

Peanut butter and jelly, probably my favorite food ever. I like to think I'm low maintenance, but I don't think I am. Darn. Atleast I think I want certain things in my life that are worth while, like kind people, room to breathe, and balance. Hey, maintaining me could be a lot worse.

My sister is my best friend. She's possibly the most wonderful person I know.

I'm tired. It's 9:27pm. I'm probably not your typical college student. I go to bed early, have never pulled an all nighter, and I didn't gain the freshman 15, but the sophomore, ummm...never mind.

My wall mate is loud. I think she enjoys slamming doors.

Nebraska is cold.

I miss my kids in Cambodia.

Polly will be home in 4 months. I can't wait to see her.

Well, there ya have it. The gush. No reason in particular. And the remaining 17% perfectionist in me went back and corrected a few errors. It's habit. Could hardly ehl help myself. Ooo, I left that one. Tha'ts something.

Oy.

2 comments:

Carley Brown said...

Gushing is great. Doesn't it just make you feel better? I do always afterward.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so that's why Dr. Sclerosis is still teaching there...

"He might just be a grea, great example of the kind tof teacher [any teaching student doesn't] want to be. Ever."