Thursday, July 26, 2012

Paddle Boarding

Last Wednesday, the entire camp staff had the same day off. A few of us borrowed the pontoon boat and went skin diving to some islands where there's a sunken ship. We got some sun. We went wake boarding. When we got back to the dock, some friends were paddle boarding and--naturally--we jumped in to tip them over. 
 
We splashed. 
We made waves.
We attempted yoga on the paddle boards.
We loaded up the paddle boards in search of world records.
We stood.
We jumped.
We laughed.
Until our faces hurt.
And then we laughed some more.

This moment--un-momentous as it may seem--mattered to me. 
It mattered because I lost myself in the moment. 
It mattered because laughter has felt few and far between. 
It mattered because I needed some joy. 
It mattered because it reminded me that it's going to be all right.

It's going to be all right.



1 comments:

EMILY STAR said...

I GET this. Those moments when life feels full of quality. Playing on paddle boards....fun! I wish I could have been there.

Em