Monday, November 19, 2012

Chico Gospel

How recently did you think to yourself: "I just can't see the light at the end of this tunnel"?

If you are anything like me, this might happen in varying degrees of intensity about twice a day. For some reason, I seem to be more gifted in this area than some. I am just so good at losing perspective and viewing my situation in a negative light.

So, it's at times like this that I must give thanks. Assess my situation. Observe the good. Recognize the positives. Take stock of how ridiculously wonderful my life really is.

I'm not sick.
I have no diseases.
No cancer.
No allergic reaction to sunshine. Some do.
My stomach works well and allows me to digest food.
My eye lids open and closed. Imagine how painful it would be if they never closed!
My bones are strong.
I can see and hear and taste and feel and smell.
I have a job.
And money.
And family.
And friends.
I have a car.
A computer.
Books.
A college education.
A well-lived life.

Yes, here's to moments when all feels well.
When it's so good we risk the threat of missing it entirely.

Not today.




Chico Gospel 
by Mamuse

"There was a time I believed
Life was over for me
There was time I believed
My life was over
I feel strong today
Thanks to your help
I'll find my way and
I too will lend you a hand
When you need one

Chorus:
Sometimes I get so down
I feel like
This the end
Like there's no way in hell
I can get over this mountain
The sun has come out
Beyond the shadow of my doubt
I am walking on this earth
Stronger than ever

There was a time I believed
There'd be no love for me
There was time I believed
I'd get no lovin'
I feel love today
Thanks to your help
I'll find my way and
I too will lend you a hand
When you need one

(Chorus)

There was a time I believed
There'd be no money for me
There was a time I believed
There'd be no money
I feel rich today
Thanks to your help
I'll find my way and
I too will lend you a hand
When you need one

(Chorus) 

There was a time I believed
There'd be no peace for me
There was a time I believed
There'd be no peace
I feel peace today
Thanks to your help
I'll find my way and
I too will lend you a hand
When you need one

(Chorus)
I am walkin' on this earth stronger than ever
I am walkin' on this earth stronger than ever"

0 comments: