Thursday, December 13, 2012

Peanut Butter

What I know for sure is that there is healing in baking a good batch of cinnamon rolls,
in smelling,
and tasting,
and melting butter.

What I know for sure is that I may never care for my skin tone next to the color gray.
Or yellow, for that matter.

What I know for sure is that Jeremy loves me.
Even when I feel frumpy.
Even when my bangs do this flippy, floppy thing.
Even when I think he shouldn't.
He does anyway.

I know for sure that if denied all foods but one, I'd pick peanut butter.
Every time.

I know for sure that I can change a flat tire.
And maneuver my way through a snowstorm.
And cut my own hair.
And dance like a crazy person.
With soul.

I know for sure that wool socks are the way to go.
That I wish pajama chic was the new business casual.
That I can totally own too many bags.
And flossing will never come naturally to me.

What I know for sure today, is not necessarily what I knew for sure yesterday.
And that feels good.
To be moving.
And growing.
And making progress.
Even if only in the cinnamon roll making arena.
That counts.

I know this for sure.

2 comments:

Kylie said...

I love this. I love you.

Carley Brown said...

I'd pick peanut butter too! For sure