Friday, June 7, 2013

Oh, Alice



"Look closely at the present you are constructing it should look like the future you are dreaming." 
-Alice Walker



If my present is building my future. I have some work to do. Some tearing-down. Some re-thinking. Some re-framing of my foundation.

Because my present looks like:
-over-scheduling, over-planning, over-regimented
-easily overwhelmed, prone to anxiety
-harsh critic to myself

And I want my future to be:
-open and flexible
-calm and easy-going
-accepting and kind to myself

I am reminded of these future goals when:
-I read anything by Brene Brown
-I talk to good friends
-I take a yoga class
-I am outdoors
-I make writing a daily priority

These are my new summer goals.


3 comments:

EMILY STAR said...

Yeah yeah yeah, heather!

Jessica said...

I am also reminded of good things as I read Brene Brown... and I keep forgetting how beneficial writing is!

KendraKay at havemercyblog.com said...

I love the idea of this quote, but it also makes me feel panicky about not having already arrived. Good summer goals! Bravo, lady!