Friday, August 30, 2013

Practice

I need to be grateful.
It is a practice.
It does not just land in your lap like sunshine.

It breaks your back a few times before you understand the importance of it.
And then it breaks you all over again.

Like today, I am healthy and safe and alive, but I can write a list of all the things I wish were different.
So instead, I will write a list of all the things are real and true and good.

I slept in until 7am.
I woke up next to my amazingly supportive husband.
I had time to stretch.
I ate granola.
I drank orange juice.
I took time to meditate.
I wore a new pair of fun, polka-dotted pants.
I have an office that gives me room to breathe.
I have a very nice office mate.
My co-teachers are supportive and kind.
The kids at school smile and greet me.
At lunch, my co-workers helped me navigate what did not have gluten in it.
I ate chocolate a teacher brought back from New Zealand.
A few teachers at school speak English.
It hasn't been too hot.
I have fans to blow on me.
I received textbooks to teach from on Monday.
I have plenty of water to drink.
I get to e-mail with Jeremy through out the day.
Tonight, I have a school dinner.
It's nice to be invited.
It's Friday.
The weekend is almost here.




1 comments:

Kylie said...

I'm proud of you. Choosing to be intentional about the good and true and real is no small thing.