Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What We Didn't Know Before

Jeremy and I were married on May 13, 2012. Fifteen months ago. And in that time we have lived in three different states, held six different jobs, visited seven different states, made a few dozen new friends, and learned some good "adult" lessons along the way.

In four days, we'll add another country to our line-up of "places lived": South Korea.

What I didn't expect about marriage fifteen months ago is...

that we still wouldn't feel like grown-ups

that we'd still feel like adult frauds who are really just immature kids

that we would be moving to Korea

that we would've fought as much as we have

that we would've fought as much as we have about really silly things

that we would've laughed as much as we have

that we would've laughed as much as we have about really silly things

that as we approach this big move, we would regularly look at each other and giggle: "We're moving to Korea. Hee hee hee. Korea...Bah ha ha! Who does that?!"


Somehow I manage to keep forgetting that Jeremy is going with me to Korea. This probably sounds ridiculous. However, I've done world travel before. It's not easy. It's a challenge. It's a shock. But as we head into this next great adventure, he keeps reminding me that he'll be right there holding my hand.

And that feels good.
We'll do this together.




4 comments:

KendraKay at havemercyblog.com said...

Somehow, over a decade in, I still forget my spouse is with me. I think we're tempted - maybe more than anything else, to imagine we are alone, forgetting God and those who love us.

Carley Brown said...

I think you're very lucky. That is the beauty of marriage I think....that you don't have to go life alone.

Doline said...

I agree with Kendra and Carley... What a blessing to have Jeremy right there with you to not only hold your hand through it but to remind you that God is holding both your hands! Will be praying for you in this new adventure... God's got you!!! ^_^

~D~

Doline said...

I agree with Kendra and Carley. It's such a blessing to have Jeremy with you not only to hold your hand but to remind you that God is holding both your hands and Jeremy's. Will be praying for you as you go through this new adventure... God's got you! ^_^

~D~