Sunday, December 29, 2013

Haven't You Heard?

So, in case you haven't heard, K-pop is taking over the world.

Oh, have you not heard? I hadn't either until I landed in Korea. But now I know. And while I will probably never invest in downloads or a concert ticket, I have to admit that I find myself singing along in the grocery store and at the gym.

Do I know what they are saying? No. 
But do I mimic the sounds and act like I get it? Totally.


I am no expert, so please don't quote me on this, but I imagine that K-pop has been so outrageously infectious in Korea is because it's really quite new to them to have superstars speaking their language. While the rest of the world was warming up in the entertainment and show biz industries in the 50s, Korea was fighting a war, negotiating battle lines between the North and South, and re-building their country. 

And to their credit, in a short amount of time they've done some serious work to make Korea great. And popular. 

Here's a song I can't seem to get out of my head lately. Enjoy.



0 comments: