Wednesday, January 21, 2015

It Will Pass // Jill Phillips (cover)

I've enjoyed recording music lately.
Because it's new and interesting.
Because it's a break from the redundant and monotonous aspects of day-to-day life.
Because it's a challenge.

This video was particularly challenging because in this video, I tackled GarageBand and iMovie in one weekend. Twelve hours later, it was done. As you listen, don't think too long and hard about why this video took twelve hours.

It just did. And I feel pretty good about it.







It Will Pass
by Jill Phillips


There’s so much risk in love you never understand
When love has turned to dust inside your empty hand
The storm is raging on and you don’t see an end
Will it ever end?

Look out the window Watch as the wind blows
Darlin’, though it’s hard you know it will pass

When you can’t see beyond the darkness at your door
Or believe the day will come when you will cry no more
You can trust someone who’s been here before
And I’ve been here before

Look out the window, watch as the wind blows
Darlin’, though it’s hard you know it will pass
All that is so wrong will fade like a sad song
If you can just hold on it will pass
It will pass

Hold on and we’ll wait the storm out
Hold on and we’ll wait the storm out
Hold on and we’ll wait the storm out
We’ll wait the storm out


2 comments:

theuntangling said...

HI. Would you share the chords for this song?

Heather said...

Hey theuntangling, I'm sorry, I honestly don't think I can tell you the chords. I know what they look like, but I couldn't tell you the name of them.

I just listened to the original song, learned it on piano, and then transposed it into a lower key where it fit my vocal range.

I'm not much help, am I?