Thursday, April 2, 2015

Cheongju Funk

This is my Ultimate Frisbee team.

We are the Cheongju Chewbaccas. 

We are pretty great.




With the spring league coming soon, we made this music video for a little pre-season pump-up.






For your information:

-No animals were harmed in the making of this movie

-In case you missed it, those are R2D2 and C3PO costumes on the girls

-The Wookie call is demonstrated by Kyle, our assistant captain

-Princess Leia is Phil and the towel on his head works perfectly for the character's hair, but is also a funny thing here in Korea. Sometimes at the jimjilbangs (Korean bath houses) people will wear their towels on their heads like this, but I can't tell you why.





-Before I showed this video to my co-workers, there was some pretty heavy prefacing that "I do not condone the twerking in this video!" only because Koreans don't really dance and they certainly don't twerk..."Oh, foreigners..." they said.

-At 1:45 the "liquor" became "soju" because....soju is the stuff in Korea.




It was fun to make, as we've got some pretty animated characters on our team. But the process of creating it was almost equally fun. In the last year, I've been playing around with Garage Band and iMovie, so it was fun to practice both of these skills in addition to wrangling people, costumes, props, and scouting locations.

I found Bruno Mars' "Uptown Funk" without the lead vocals. imported it into Garage Band and then sang the adapted lyrics (written by a particularly witty friend). From there, I watched and re-watched the original music video and took notes on what was happening at each moment: girl walking in heels, high fives, stomp step while getting shoes shined, etc. Then, everyone showed up and I just bossed them around!

I think I'd make a pretty decent movie producer.

I mean, you just can't un-see it.











0 comments: