Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Gone Away // Lucy Schwartz (cover)

I made a music video!

Here's my super low-tech procedure for filming on my iPad. I've found our kitchen shelf to be the best tripod! It's got wheels and the shelves are adjustable. Two-for-one!



However, because of the iPad case I have, it can only be set up at an angle. So I usually use jars of peanut butter or honey to keep it at a perfect 90 degree angle (you should probably write that down, these are "pro" tips).




And then, I hit record and run back and forth to see if the angle is right. Because asking Jeremy to help would be way too much work. Plus, it's fun to see the final product and know: I did that.




And then I stand awkwardly in front of the wall of kitchen appliances and sing to myself while Jeremy does the dishes and reads on the couch.




Or Jeremy takes goofy pictures like this one. Hee hee!

But after about 3 hours on GarageBand
two hours of filming
and three hours on iMovie,
we've got a finished product!

A shout-out to my friend, Trisha, who first introduced me to Lucy Schwartz and this terribly sweet and heartbreaking song: "Gone Away."

Enjoy!


Bonus Info:
By filming myself from both sides, I've been able to see--for the first time--the differences in my right and left ear. My right ear is normal, my left ear underwent some tumor-removal surgeries almost ten years ago that left the canal wide open. I've been mostly deaf in that ear ever since, but now, I can't stop looking at it. Whoa.









Gone Away
by Lucy Schwartz

I've been finding puzzle pieces of us
Kept in the dust
I've been hiding letters and photograph frames
To forget your name

We were never meant to be this damn broken
Words were never meant to be this half-spoken

Falling in the space between the universe
And all we see has gone away
Gone Away

I've been tracing my steps in fingerprint clues
And clips of the news
Wondering why in our lives the wind calls our name
And we're never the same

We were never meant to be this damn broken
Words were never meant to be this half-spoken

Falling in the space between the universe
And all we see has gone away
Gone Away

Winding Circles take me back to
The place I knew when I was with you

Falling in the space between the universe
And all we see has gone away
Gone Away








1 comments:

Ivo Serenthà said...

My compliments for your blog and pictures included,I invite you in my VIDEOBLOG".

CLICK VIEW WORLD

Greetings from Italy