Thursday, August 13, 2015

Riding This Wave

Rob Bell speaks a lot of truth. Period.
But lately, I've been inspired and moved by his podcast: The Robcast.

In this quote he's talking about trials. And how the best way we can see struggle is as a temporary thing that will pass, like a wave. And we can say to ourselves, "This is a wave."

"Waves come and then, they go.
Waves move through water.
Essentially all of nature is wave.
In.
Out.
Inhale.
Exhale.
Back and forth.
Push and pull.
Death and rebirth.
Fall and spring.
Living and dying.
It's all kind of wave isn't it?

"There is an impermanence to everything.
It rolls it comes around.
And then, it keeps going.

"This moment is not all moments."



The wave thing works for me.
Because lately I've been thinking, "This moment will be forever!!!"

Which is neither true, nor accurate.
But the worrier-in-me does her job and I start thinking too much about "What if?"s (which if you think about it are just about the most boring, yet tantalizing questions ever).

We can't answer "What if?" questions.
We can only answer "What now?" questions.

Korea has been a wave in our marriage.
Granted it's been 2-of-our-3-years-of-marriage-wave.
But still.

This will not be our forever story.
And at this point, with two weeks left in Korea.
I couldn't be more grateful that it's almost time to go home.
I'm ready to go home.
To find our "normal" on the other side of the world.

But in the meantime, to shake up our wide open days of summer vacation, we made this cute little music video. Because, you know, why not?






Sweeter Than This
by Katie Herzig

Life is boxes in back of our car,
Driving around with the dreams in a jar
And it's all right here
I'll feed you ramen and you'll braid my hair
Anything goes when you don't even care,
When you're this far in love
If it gets any sweeter than this,
I don't wanna know
I don't wanna know
I want a garden and you want a coke,
Living is simple when love isn't broke
You can fix anything, with a kiss
If it gets any sweeter than this,
I don't wanna know
If it gets any sweeter than this,
I don't wanna know
You read your book, baby I'll float away
Taking a nap on your lap in the shade,
I could hold your hand all day
If it gets any sweeter than this,
I don't wanna know
If it gets any sweeter than this,
I don't wanna know
If it gets any sweeter than this,
I don't wanna know
I don't wanna know
I don't wanna know

0 comments: